Copyright © Garry Dyck Counselling
COVID-19 Office Protocols
(Updated Nov. 2, 2020)
As a Counsellor, I value the health and safety of my colleagues and clients so the following things are in place. I am also monitoring the World Health Organization, Health Canada and Manitoba Health for developments and directions on this issue. This page will be updated as needed.
Rooted Counselling Office Protocol:
1. Regular cleaning office furniture and objects with disinfectants that are touched frequently.
2. Therapists and clients will wash or sanitize hands between sessions and maintain a 6 foot physical distance from
each other at all times
3. Limited waiting room availability at this time, so please wait in your vehicle when possible.
4. Telecounselling sessions are available for those in need.
In Person Sessions are Available if you Meet the Following Criteria:
(The cancellation & Late cancellation policy will be waved in case of illness).
1. If you are not feeling unwell in any way (e.g. coughing, sneezing, fever, runny nose, etc).
2. If you have not been through an airport or traveled outside of the Western Canada in the last 14 days.
3. If you have not been in direct contact with anyone who is unwell or has traveled outside of Western Canada within the last 14 days
If you arrive with symptoms to our office, I reserve the right to use my discretion to reschedule the appointment in the interest of everyone’s safety. Please contact me if you need to cancel or reschedule to a telecounselling session.
Wearing masks is mandatory while in the entrance, waiting room, and hallway.
Masks are not required during sessions as much of therapy relies on reading faces, and physical distancing can be maintained within the therapy office. However, please feel free to wear a mask during the session if you
(a) feel more comfortable with a mask or
(b) if you are unable to maintain physical distancing.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these protocols please let me know.